Property Solicitor Quotes Forums Conveyancing Forum Why do some property conveyancing lawyers charge more

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Gillian
    Participant

I have just recieved my property solicitor quotes on your website and was surpriced at the price difference between firms. Why are some housing lawyers more expensive than others as dont they do the same job? I can understand a £50 difference between firms but there is over £400 difference from the cheapest conveyancer to the most expensive one.

admin
    Keymaster

There are a couple of reasons why some property conveyancing lawyers charge more than others. The first is if you use a solicitor against a conveyancer you will pay more. It is due to the fact that they are more highly qualified in all aspects of law against a conveyancer who can just handle property transactions. The second thing is that online conveyancing companies do not have the overheads that high street solicitors have. They are able to pass this saving onto their clients. You are right that there is a big difference between legal fees, which is why we set up this site so you can compare costs. Using our website will help you save hundreds of pounds on your conveyance charges.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.