Property Solicitor Quotes Forums Conveyancing Forum What is the normal length of time it takes for conveyancing?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Richard Davis 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Richard Davis
    Participant

Hi, I have just put an offer in on a property in Sheffield and was wondering what is the normal length of time it take for conveyancing to complete? I keep on hearing mixed messages from the people that I ask as some are saying 4 weeks, while other are saying 6 months !! If someone could help me out so I can start planning ahead.

Richard Davis
    Participant

I have just been informated that the average time of conveyancing depends on a few different factors. If the property purchase is a cash one, this will help speed things up. Generally it is mortgages that are holding the highest percentage of house sales in the UK. Another factor is if the property is freehold or leasehold. Freehold properties are a more straight forward transaction. Leasehold conveyancing involves the solicitor examining the lease and get additional information from third parties which can hold up the legal process. If anyone knows of any other thing that determine the length of time conveyancing takes, please post here.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.